6.30.2009

Curses you reoccuring dreams.

I hate it when they are completely realistic and it takes you a few moments in the morning to realize it was a dream.

So. We're kind of moving tomorrow. And I kind of have to thoroughly clean everything as well as finally pack up my room as we need to be completely gone from our house tomorrow. uuurrggg.
I dislike cleaning.
Which is the primary reason why I haven't cleaned my shower in four years (as in never). Boy. That'll be fun today.

So I was reading that Seventeen with Katy Perry and I found it to be very annoying. Like one page it'll be "How to Look Skinny and Tall" and "How to Wear Makeup So You Can Attract Guys" and then the next page will be "Be Comfortable with Yourself" and "Be Proud of Who You Are" And I'm just a wee bit confused. AND HOLY CRAP DID ANYONE READ THAT FLIRTING ARTICLE?! It was hysterical.
6. Master the bump-and-flatter. Run into a cute guy at a crowded party. Say, "Oh, sorry-I become a total klutz around cute guys." The introduce yourself!
22. Pass him a handwritten note at a party that says "Just saying hi!" Slip it into his pocket.
35. Shirt-flirt! 
"I have a shirt that says 'Kiss Me' and the 'i's are dotted with Hersey's Kisses. Every guy I flirt with says something about it. I've actually gotten a few kisses!"

Oh my goodness. These people have got to be kidding. Which, maybe all flirting girls do this kind of thing, I wouldn't know on the account of I don't flirt.  Or at least I don't think I do. 
PLEASE. If anyone ever catches me doing  any of those ridiculous flirts in Seventeen, call me on it and kick me in the shins.

The only part of this magazine I liked this month was the dress combinations in the back and Katy Perry's interview. I didn't even like the workout/food part, and that's usually the best! What a waste of three dollars. Oh well.

So this morning when my alarm went off to run, I apparently turned off the whole clock rather than pressing the snooze button. Dang. Oh, Kim-- are you doing any strength training? I've just been doing weights and abs but I'm getting super bored of my routine.

Well. Now that I've wasted some time I guess I ought to go do something productive.
IT IS SO DANG HOT IN HERE. And my mom doesn't believe in AC. -sob-




4 comments:

  1. "Master the bump-and-flatter. Run into a cute guy at a crowded party. Say, "Oh, sorry-I become a total klutz around cute guys." The introduce yourself!"

    I've tried that one and it really works. Honestly, that's a legitimate flirting tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But it's SOOO cheesy. I could never bring myself to do that. Ew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, Sami. I was cracking up at some of those tips. Some of them weren't even tips!
    "Go watch Taylor Swift;s music Video for 'I'm Only Me When I'm With You' it'll make you feel empowered!" Or something like that.
    I watched. I'm not feeling empowered.

    Uhhhm, a tad. I've been avoiding doing weights, though, because I have weenie arms that can't take it.
    I've found that if you switch it up a bit, you don't get as bored as fast. One day I'm doing laps in the pool, next day I'm jogging early in the morning, next day I'm racing around on my bike. That kinda stuff.
    But, yeah, it does get pretty boring pretty fast. You know what keeps me going though? I just say this to myself a bunch: "I don't want to suck this year. I don't want to suck this year."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you really watch that to feel empowered? I hate to break it to you, but that is rather sad. Yeah, what a waste of like five pages. Did you like the dress out fits though? SO cute!! It made me want to go through all my clothes and create cute new outfits. Seventeen makes me want to shop so bad.

    Yeah, I switch my cardio up, but I don't know what else to do for weights and abs, which is the boring part for me. I guess there's probably stuff online. Oh--I hula hooped today since I didn't run and it was AWESOME. My abs hurt though.

    ReplyDelete